Bike and Health
As everyone else, we are using our cars even more than it is needed, which is really not so good choice, while riding a bike is something not considered as an option at a times.
We should all try considering some other ways of getting to work, or somewhere else, but off course if you live not much faraway from your work or home.
By doing so you will:
Boost Your Overall Well Being
People who switched from car usage to active bicycle using, have much greater well being and concentration as in many studies and researches published.
You can practice so called bike mediation.
Naturally, while riding a bike you de-focus from yourself and you enjoy the moment. You ride in present time.
Who wouldn’t feel great after a free, outdoor spin exercise?
You’re More Likely To Have A Slimmer Body
Cycling is associated with a reduced risk of obesity and high blood pressure. That’s not so shocking, considering the fact that riding bike can burn around 300-500 calories per hour depending of the velocity of riding.
Even if you practice 30 minutes of cardio per day, five days a week, you’ll get better health, avoidance of possible heart attacks, or possible occurrence of diabetes type 2.
Cycling is a good way to control or reduce your weight, as it raises your metabolic rate, builds muscle and burns body fat.
And if you are desperately trying to lose weight, you must combine cycling with a healthy eating plan.
Do it as much as you feel comfortable of doing it.
Better Cardiovascular Health
Regular cycling stimulates and improves your heart, lungs and circulation, reducing your risk of cardiovascular diseases.
It strengthens the heart muscle, lowers resting pulse and reduces blood fat levels.
Some researches have also shown that people who cycle to work have 2-3 times less exposure to pollution than car users, so their lung function is improved significantly.
It is a low-impact form of exercise for all ages, and it is highly advisable to do it more often.
Start The Day In A Better Mood
All bikers are saying that they have better mood compared to people using their cars and public transportation. They are in less traffic, even if they get into one – they easily manage their way out.
I have proved this to myself.
I am a passionate biker, and I love to take every opportunity to go somewhere by my bike. It really freshens me up and I feel much better knowing that I’ve done something useful for my health.
Better Cycling Infrastructure Means Less Risk Of Injury
As cities have become increasingly cycling friendly, your risk of getting injured is lesser. You can ride your bike on marked sidewalks especially made for the occasion, but still ride carefully.
Pedestrians use to walk there sometimes.
What You Will Get By Cycling
Oh, you’ll get so many things, like:
- good muscle workout as you use all of the major muscle groups while pedaling
- aerobic workout and more muscle strength
- improved joint mobility
- decreased stress levels
- decreased body fat levels
- prevention or management of certain type of diseases
- strengthened bones
- improved body posture and coordination
- increased muscle strength and flexibility
- increased cardiovascular fitness
What To Consider
Before riding a bike you should consider:
- talking to your physician if you have some health issues
- adjust seat height
- wear a helmet
- don’t ride alone
- stick to bike paths
- stay hydrated
- use sunscreen
- wear sunglasses
- have proper lights and reflectors such as white front light, red rear light and red reflector, yellow pedal reflectors seen from both sides
- check the breaks
- check the tires
- check handlebars
- check the chains for rustiness
- Look behind you every time you want to turn, overtake or decide to stop
- Don’t ride on the pavement unless there’s a sign that says you can
- Obey traffic lights and road signs
- Use arm signals before you turn right or left
- Don’t cycle next to another person on busy or narrow roads
- Don’t use headphones while cycling
- Never use a mobile phone while cycling
Type Of Equipment To Choose
You need to choose good equipment and:
- Pay attention to cycling clothes and make sure they are made of high-tech fibers fit for moisture
- Choose bike that puts less stress on your body
- Choose a good saddle, as the one with extra padding which is wide enough to support the pair of bones you sit on, as too much pressure on your lower part may cause numbness and legs tingling.
Feeling Good About Yourself
By having this new adopted habit, you are investing both in your health and your pocket as well, and not to mention how much you will contribute in saving the Planet from pollution.
Biking is such a great investment to your health, and I think you should all consider switching from cars to bikes – FASTER THE BETTER !
- Why Swimming Is So Good For Shaping Your Body
- Which Are The Health Benefits Of Stair Climbing
- Not Getting Enough Sleep? You Might Develop These 4 Diseases!
- Useful Tips For Hip Pain Relief
- How Does Alcohol Affects Blood Sugar Levels