In case you wonder which morning workout routine for weight loss you can follow, then you’re at the right place.
Even though you’re maybe not the morning workout person, you can still make some effort and change the habit.
In other words, you’ll have your heart pumping and muscles burning before your morning cup of coffee.
And if you want to follow your New Year resolution regarding working out, these following lines may give you a good starting direction.
Well, how to begin?
Start with gentle movements that give good results and with the ones that strengthen and stretch the entire body while getting the blood pumping, but are a bit less intense.
Hollow Body Hold
- Lie face-up with arms by sides and legs extended straight
- Engage abs
- Lift shoulder blades and straightened legs off the floor, keeping lower back pressed into mat throughout the entire exercise (the closer your legs are to the floor, the more challenging this is).
Source: Charles River CrossFit
Single Leg Glute Bridge
- Lie face up with knees bent and feet shoulder-width apart
- Extend left leg straight out then press into right heel to lift hips straight up off mat
- Keep knees in-line and engage glutes as you lift
- Lower down slowly creating your own resistance, then repeat on other side
Reverse Oblique Crunch
- Start sitting on mat, legs extended out in front of you, hands on mat behind you
- Lean back slightly onto fingertips for balance and lift legs two inches off floor
- Keeping core tight, shift weight onto right hip and twist at the waist to bring bent knees toward chest
- Extend back out (don’t drop legs to mat). You should feel this in your side abs.
- Twist to the other side and repeat
- Continue alternating
Plank With Knee Tap
- Start in high plank position, hands directly under shoulders, shoulders in-line with hips
- Engage core to keep torso still and without shifting weight, draw right knee to chest and lift left hand to tap right knee, then draw left knee to chest and lift right hand to tap left knee
- Continue alternating as fast as possible without losing form
Double Leg Lift
- Lie face up on mat, legs extended up toward ceiling so body forms a 90-degree angle, arms by sides
- Keeping core engaged and lower back pressed to mat, slowly lower legs down to mat as low as possible (the lower you go the harder it is)
- Don’t let lower back pop up off mat
- Slowly lift legs back to starting position and repeat
- Stand with feet just wider than hip width, hips stacked over knees, knees over ankles
- Hinge at hips then send hips back and bend knees to lower body
- Keep chest lifted and lower to at least 90 degrees
- Lift arms out in front of you for balance if needed
- Rise and repeat
Lateral Lunge With Knee Drive
- Start with feet together, arms at your side
- Take a big step to left with left foot, send your hips back, and bend left knee (right leg is straight) as you bring palms together in front of chest
- Keep chest lifted and abs engaged
- Press into left foot to reverse momentum and shift weight onto right leg as you draw left knee to chest
- Return to lunge position and continue to repeat
- Then repeat on the other side
Source: POPSUGAR Fitness
Inchwarm Push Up
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart
- Hinge at hips to bend over and touch floor with hands, then walk hands out to high plank position
- Keeping elbows close to sides, bend elbows and lower chest to floor
- Push back up, then walk hands back toward feet
How To Use These
The best way is to complete 3 rounds of the following circuit, and perform 10 to 12 reps of each move in the first set, 12 to 15 reps in the second set, and 15 to 20 reps in the third set.
If your excuse to skip a workout is a lack of time or a gap in your gym membership, this morning workout routine for weight loss will solve all your given woes.
Don’t forget that exercising early in the day has been proven to help you sleep better.
Plus, by having a morning workout routine for weight loss, you won’t have an excuse to skip it later on when our schedule suddenly changes.
And the best part of it – you’ll lose weight, strengthen your muscles and start the day clearheaded.
- How To Get The Best Indoor Cycling Workout By Not Making These 15 Mistakes
- Wearing High Heels All The Time? Here Is Why You Shouldn’t!
- Tips and Tricks How To Burn Fat Faster
- Having A Back Problems? Here Are 8 Ways To Improve Your Body Posture
- Wanna Relax Your Back? Try The Crocodile Pose(Makarasana)