As the temperature drops, the rate of cold and flu skyrockets from minute to minute. You will most likely be a also a victim of an virus attack by these nasty germs at the beginning of this cold season.
Rather than instantly reaching for store bought cough syrup,you can make your own if possible, which is likely better than reaching for cold pills, or prescription antibiotics.
This amazing cold and flu master tonic is ridiculously easy to make, highly effective, won’t break the bank and will last you for years!
Home Remedy For Cold And Flu
This cold and flu tonic is jam packed with natural ingredients with potent therapeutic power that you will notice instantly.
This spicy root warms the body, causing you to sweat and expel toxins. If you’re suffering from an upset stomach, it can even soothe gastrointestinal problems.
This ancient spice is perfect for anyone suffering from a cold. It has immune boosting capabilities, can improve your digestion, possess anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and antiviral properties. It’s an all around holy grail of health.
Onions are a rich source of Quercetin, a powerful antioxidant that has a multitude of wonderful benefits. Including anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, and anticancer properties.
Apple Cider Vinegar
As you probably already know, this vinegar is a health powerhouse.It helps your body eliminate toxins, soothes a sore throat, promotes healthy digestion, boosts your immune system and relieves sinus infections.
These flaming hot peppers aren’t just for a little extra flavor kick. Capsaicin, the active ingredients in peppers, works as a potent pain reliever and anti-inflammatory.
Deters nasty bacteria and it is functioning as an antiviral, anti-fungal and antibiotic fighter.
- 2-inch fresh ginger root
- 1 tbsp organic turmeric
- 1 whole head of garlic (peeled)
- 1 organic white onion
- 16 oz. Raw apple cider vinegar
- 4 jalapenos (stems removed)
- Wash ingredients
- Chop and place in high powered blender
- Add apple cider vinegar and blend on high until smooth
- Pour into a glass jar
- Cover with lid
- Cover jar with a towel
- Shake once daily while infusing
- Let sit on the counter for 4 weeks
- Strain through a mesh strainer and put liquid back in a glass container
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 years! ( Seriously, 2 years)
How to use:
- Take 2 Tbsp three times daily at the first sign of a cold
- Gargle and swallow full strength (do not dilute)
- Take 4 times daily if already sick
- Mix with a spoonful of honey if you need help getting it down
Ginger and garlic can increase blood flow by naturally thinning the blood. Talk with your doctor before consuming large quantities of either of these if you’re already on a blood thinner.
However,take care of yourself in this new cold season!