If you are avoiding artichoke as a part of your weekly menu – you are wrong. Artichokes are super-food in every sense of the word and they are something you shouldn’t avoid.
There are so many recipes with artichokes, and you can even make an artichoke pizza, you know?
It is delicious and highly nutritious, and you can make it with your kids just for fun, teaching them some good eating habits (that pizza can contain other ingredients other than usual ones).
In case you didn’t know, artichoke is full with amazing health benefits such as:
- Great source of antioxidants
- Loaded with dietary fiber
- Digestive support
- Lower cholesterol levels
- Brain health support
- Fat free
- Maintain liver health
- Cancer prevention
- Full with folic acid
- Maintain blood pressure
- Good bone health
- Protection against free radicals
Artichokes are a rich source of minerals like copper, calcium, potassium, iron, manganese and phosphorus, all beneficial for our health.
Knowing all of this, you definitely have to put them on your grocery list.
And now, we’d like to share an easy salad recipe you can incorporate in your weekly meal plan.
White Beans And Artichoke Pasta Salad
Serves 2 Preparation 15 min
- 400 g artichoke hearts
- 250 g pasta
- 1 small red onion
- 100 g ball mozzarella cheese cubed
- 400 g can white or black bean, drained and rinsed
- 1 red chili
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mixed herbs (parsley, coriander and basil)
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot
- Salt boiling water and add pasta
- Cook until pasta is just tender
- Drain it and then cool the cooked pasta by spreading them out on a large plate in a single layer
- Make dressing by whisking together vinegar, mustard, sugar, oil and chopped herbs in a small bowl
- Drain artichoke hearts and mix them with onion, mozzarella, bean and pasta
- Add the rocket mix thoroughly
- Pour in dressing and stir to soak up fully
You can make light variation to this and add some baby spinach instead of rocket, add some black olives, avocado and cherry tomatoes, or make it without pasta. It’s up to your taste.
Simple enough, isn’t it?
- Amazing Black Rice Salad With Kale And Beetroot
- Easy Carbonara Pasta Made In Just Minutes
- Have You Tried This Amazing Citrus Chicken Salad? If Not, Now Its Time!
- How To Make The Perfect Tofu Stuffed Mushrooms
- Super Easy Jerusalem Artichoke And Celery Juice For Detox