About Bananas and Pumpkin
Bananas and pumpkin are known to be “best friends” that goes together arm in arm. As you already know, bananas are great for your overall health.
They are good for your heart health, as they have high amounts of potassium, a mineral electrolyte that keeps electricity flowing throughout your body, which is required to keep your heart beating.
According to the FDA, bananas high potassium levels and low sodium content, may also protect your whole cardiovascular system against symptoms of high blood pressure.
On the other side, pumpkin is one of the best-known sources of beta-carotene, a powerful antioxidant known to give vibrant orange color to vegetables and fruits, which is converted to vitamin A in the body.
This means that, consuming foods rich in beta-carotene may reduce the risk of developing certain types of cancer, offer protection against asthma and heart disease, and delay aging and body degeneration.
They are also good in fighting depression and mood, weight loss, digestion, vision ,bones, cancer etc.
The list goes on and on.
And to make it short, we share an indulging, tasty and healthy smoothie recipe with bananas and pumpkin combo you don’t wanna miss.
It is highly nutritious and it can make a good breakfast addition. If you like, you can add some ground almonds or chia seeds and try to transform it in natural made fruit pudding.
Bananas And Pumpkin Smoothie
For this nutritious smoothie you’ll need:
- 1/3 cup pureed pumpkin
- 2/3 cup soy milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Small handful of kale(optional)
- 2-3 ice cubes
- One scoop of your favorite protein powder(optional)
- In a blender, add the fruit first and blend until it became as thick puree
- Then, add soy milk, agave syrup, cinnamon, protein powder, and chia seeds (and kale if you like to add green veggie in this fruity story)
- After you’re done, let it stay in a refrigerator for 30 min to thicken and then it is ready to be consumed
- You can add some ice cubes but it is optional
Enjoy the powerful antioxidants coming from the pumpkin and cinnamon, along with the fibers and protein from chia seeds.
We hope you’ll like this nutritious bomb
- How To Use Chia Seeds For Weight Loss
- Pumpkin Smoothies – The Best Way To Welcome Fall
- How To Make The Perfect Strawberry Rhubarb Oat Parfait
- Why Are Chia Seeds So Amazing For Us
- Amazing Vegan Overnight Oatmeal