Citrus Chicken Salad With Herbs
Making this citrus chicken salad can take you for about 20-30 mins, but it is so worth-ed, especially if you are dieting. This one of many chicken salad recipes you can try and alter upon your taste.
Its crispy and blended with citrus flavors which at first might feel odd, but believe me, they give a totally different note to the whole dish.
This meal serves 2 persons and you can adjust the quantity based on how many people you would like to serve.
How to prepare it?
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 150 g shredded radicchio
- 150 gr shredded lettuce
- 1/2 large avocado, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 6-7 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- First you need to prepare the citrus marinade. Take a small bowl and mix all ingredients.
- Put the chicken breasts in non-metallic dish and reserve 2 tbsp for basting while baking them in the ewan.
- Pour the citrus marinade over the chicken breasts and coat them thoroughly
- Cover and leave them in refrigerator for about 30 min
Prepare the dressing
- Mix the lemon juice, cumin, soy sauce and olive oil in a bowl and set aside.
- After 30 mins, remove the chicken breasts from the citrus marinade and put the rest of it aside
- Then place thr chicken breasts on a foil lined baking sheet
- Cook the chicken, and occasionally turn it and brush it with the reserved citrus marinade
- Do this for about 10 mins until you feel that skewer easily enters the meet and juices are all clear
The salad and serving
- Take a platter or a glass bowl if you prefer, put the shredded lettuce and radicchio.
- Toss over 2-3 tbsp of the lemon dressing earlier prepared
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1 cm slices and toss over the salad
- Put some sliced avocado and pour over the remaining dressing
If you want to make some alterations to the original recipe, see which taste you prefer to be dominant. Also, you can use grilled tofu instead of chicken breasts which is good variation of the citrus salad.
When it is all set, sprinkle some chopped coriander, toasted nuts, sliced spring onion or red onion, peeled slices of orange or whatever you please and you are all done!
- Amazing Salmon Recipe Made In No Time: Salmon Curry With Tomato Salad
- How To Make Delicious Crispy Chicken With Italian Salsa Verde
- Grilled Watermelon And Avocado Salad
- It Is So Easy,You’ll Make It As A Regular One:Tortillas With Tuna Salsa And Cheese
- Amazing Black Rice Salad With Kale And Beetroot