Did you know that potato juice can help you resolve many skin and hair problems?
Packed with vitamins, potassium, copper and sulfur makes potatoes not only good for your diet, but for your overall look too.
Today, we are going to share some of many potato juice beauty recipes, in order to help you treat your beauty problems effectively and more easily.
Potato Juice Recipes For Skin Care
Using potato juice on your skin on a regular basis has significant effects.
How To Extract Potato Juice
In order to use potato juice in your beauty recipes, use organic potatoes as they are free from pesticides.
- Wash them thoroughly and cut them into small pieces
- Put them in a juicer, so that you can extract the juice without any problem
- If you don’t have a juicer, grate the potatoes and extract the juice by squeezing the grated potato
The best part of using potato juice beauty recipes is that potatoes are easily available in the market and they are cost-effective too.
Can it get better than that?
Anti-Aging Skin Treatment
While aging is a natural process that is producing fine lines, dryness and wrinkles, potato juice could act as as anti-aging treatment in removing signs of aging.
For this matter:
- mix curd and potato juice in equal quantities
- add a spoon of olive oil
This face mask is a wonderful way to moisturize your skin, and bring about a significant reduction in the signs of aging.
Olive oil, along with potato juice, is very effective against dark circles and crow’s feet.
Dark Circles Treatment
Applying potato under the eyes helps banish those under eye dark circles, and this is how you can do it:
- Peel and slice raw potato into large, even pieces
- Wrap them in a clean cloth and place it over your dark circles for about 20-25 minutes
- Gently wash your eyes with warm water
- Follow with moisturizer as usual
This treatment is also good for puffy eyes treatment.
Natural Skin Lightening Effect
If you want to lighten up your skin a little bit, you can simply mix potato juice with lemon juice in equal quantities
Or you can:
- Grate a raw potato and apply the mask on your face
- Rinse with water after 30 minutes
The potato lemon mask can act as a mild bleach and do the job well, and using this mask regularly, can make your face clean and bright.
Of course, follow with moisturizer.
Using the benefits of this veggie juice can also be good for pore cleansing.
What’s the catch?
- Prepare a natural cleanser by combining 5 tbsp spoons of potato juice and a 1 teaspoon of baking soda in a 1 cup of water
- Apply it on your skin thoroughly to cleanse the pores of your skin
Don’t forget to finish with facial toner and day/night cream.
Elimination Of Dark Spots With Potato Juice
Potatoes can also help eliminate dark spots as well, and this is the way you can use them:
- Blend peeled potatoes in a blender
- Apply the paste on your face
- Gently massage for about 5 minutes
- Wash your face with clean and cold water
- Repeat this every day for best results
You can also use potatoes for removing blemishes and pimples. Simply use potato juice as a daily facial rinse. The remedy might also help treat pimples.
Using potatoes as a cleanser can also help remove dark spots and other impurities on the skin, and it works well for oily skin too.
All you need is a cucumber and a potato.
- Cut the two into medium pieces and blend them for about 30 seconds
- Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda and some water to this mixture
- Use it to clean your face and rinse with regular water
Potatoes and their juice works wonders as sunburn treatment.
All you have to do is to place cold potato slices on the affected areas of your skin, and leave them on for about 20-30 minutes before removal.
You can also dab some potato juice on the spot that needs specific treatment. By doing so, you initiate a cooling sensation which can ease the burning pain.
Dry Skin Treatment
If you have dry skin and you want to do something quickly, look no further than your kitchen.
All you need is 1 potato and 1/2 of teaspoon of curd.
How to make this?
- Simply grate the potato and mix it with the curd
- Apply the paste on your face and leave it on for about 20 minutes
- Wash with regular water
This amazing potato face mask replenishes skin moisture and it treats dry skin problems.
It Can Be Used For Skin Exfoliation
To use it for this matter, you should peel and grate one potato, work gentle with your fingers as you usually do when you exfoliate, and leave the paste for at least 10 min.
Then, rinse with clean water and apply you facial cream as usual.
By doing this on a regular basis you help to remove dead skin cells and rejuvenate your skin.
Being rich in vitamin C, potato use can help build up skin collagen, and using potatoes regularly (every 10 days), can help improve collagen health significantly.
Potato Juice Recipes For Hair Care
It’s worth to mention that potato juice can be also used as a hear treatment.
Potatoes can also help to slow down the process of premature hair grey, and even prevent hair loss – which can affect one’s self-esteem.
Anti-Gray Hair Tonic
A potato hair tonic can do wonders for your hair, prevent and treat premature graying. This is how you can prepare the tonic:
- Boil potato peels in a pan of water
- The level of water should just be enough to cover the peels
- After boiling, strain the water into a tumbler
- Use this water to rinse your hair after shampooing
Boiled potato skins for grey hair happen to be very effective way to restore the natural color of your hair.
Potato Juice As Hair Loss Prevention
If you have some hair loss issues, you can use potato juice to prevent this situation successfully.
How to make the mask?
- 1 potato
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp Aloe Vera
- Peel the potato and extract the juice
- Mix 2 tablespoons of potato juice with 2 tablespoons of Aloe Vera along with 1 tablespoon of honey
- Apply this mixture to the roots and massage your scalp
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave it on for a couple of hours
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo
Apply this mask twice a week if you want to have the best results.
As you can see, your cure may be in your kitchen waiting for you to be discovered.
And you know what?
Its amazing benefits are not just for your health, but for your skin and hair too.
You can try some, or all of these DIY potato juice recipes for skin and hair, and see if they’ll work for you (which we hope they’ll do).
If you have some other beauty potato juice recipes to share, feel free to add them in the comment part and be a part of this gorgeous looking skin quest we are all trying to find.
- 6 Amazing Tips How To Get Rid Of Dark Circles Under Eyes
- Do You Have An Oily Skin? These Masks Will Save You!
- Amazing Beauty Benefits Of Egg Whites You Never Knew!
- How To Have Healthy Hair In Cold Weather
- Tips On How To Say Goodbye To Pimples