Pineapple can be consumed fresh, cooked, juiced, or preserved. It depends on your desire of using it.
The flesh and juice of the pineapple are used in cuisines around the world. In many tropical countries pineapple is prepared and sold on roadsides as a snack. We usually eat it fresh in fruit salads or we prepare juice from it.
- 150 gr (5 oz )pineapple
- 150 gr (5 oz ) alfalfa sprouts(plus extra to decorate)
- 2-3 ice cubes
- 50 ml(2 fl oz) still water
- Peel and core the pineapple,chop the flesh into cubes and juice
- Transfer the pineapple juice to a food processor or blender and add alfalfa sprouts,ice cubes and still water and process briefly.
- Pour the juice into a glass,sprinkle with extra alfalfa sprouts and serve immediately.
For pineapple & lettuce juice, juice 125 g(4 oz) pineapple with double the amount of lettuce.If you prefer a really slushy drink,blend the juice with the ice cubes.