What is Acne Face Map
Acne Face Map is a technique used to determine the root cause of acne.
It can happen that pimples are placed in the same spot each month, and it is likely that your body is trying to tell you something is wrong.
The concept and principles of acne face mapping are based on the Chinese techniques of face mapping to cure ailments.
Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioners believe that there are points on the body that are connected to various major organs.
If you are constantly getting acne like on your right cheek, your chin, nose, forehead etc., then, the problem likely persists in your liver, hormonal glands, intestinal functioning, spleen and pancreas, heart etc.
In case you have these problems, you need to see a skin doctor, and on basis on your acne face map, to determine where the problem exist.
Or, you can try your luck with holistic medicine where herbalists will prescribe home remedies and some significant lifestyle changes, in order to correct these imbalances and treat acne from its core.
Face Map Acne Zones
Different parts of the face and location of pimples (acne) pinpoint possible imbalances in various organs, and Traditional Chinese medicine practitioners also divide the face into different zones.
Zone 1,2 – Acne On The Forehead
If you often get pimples on the forehead, you need to take a look at your digestive and hormonal system, or, the use of certain medications.
Accordingly, you must focus on eating more fruits and vegetables, and try to cut all the junk food from your daily eating habits.
You should also need to start exercising on a more regular basis in order to improve your metabolism rate.
In meantime, don’t forget to:
- Drink plenty of green/white tea
- Go to bed earlier
- Drink more water
- Use relaxation methods to lower stress levels
- Avoid refined foods, sugars and salt
- Monitor if the cosmetics, shampoos or other beauty products are causing acne burst
Zone 3 -Acne Between the Eyebrows
This facial zone indicates liver problems when pimples are showing between the eye brows.
It could mean you are lactose intolerant, late night snacker, you drink more alcohol than usual, or you have possible food allergy.
Sometimes, even waxing or threading of stray hair between the brows could lead to acne burst in this area.
Whatever you do, make sure that you use the right products for the matter.
Some steps to prevent acne in this Acne Face Map Zone are:
- Cut on alcohol completely
- Keep a food diary, because it will give you directions why acne between your eye browse show in first place
Zones 4,6,8,10 – Acne Around Eye Sides
If you are developing acne on the sides of the eyes just below the forehead, there is probably imbalance in the kidney function, and if you want to reduce acne showing on this spot, make sure you drink plenty of water and flush out more often.
Try to include more watery foods like cantaloupe, melon, cucumber, tomatoes etc, and try:
- To lower cheese intake, fats and any processed foods
- To give up smoking and alcohol 100%
- To do moderate exercise on a daily basis
- To check the makeup products if they are old and need replacement
Zone 7 – Acne On Upper Lip Part & Sides, and Tip of The Nose
Having red and inflamed nose usually is sign of hypertension, or early signs of rosacea, possible allergies or dry skin, whereas acne above the lips, could mean that your lipstick or lip balm are causing irritation.
To solve this problem using the Acne Face Map technique, use following steps:
- Nose pimples indicate that you are hooked on too much spicy or oily food. Try to reduce these foods and eat light food versions
- Nose blackheads also turn into pimples and pustules. Use mild non-comedogenic ingredients or products that will not clog pores and cause blackheads
- Use face wash and exfoliate weekly using the recommended, non-abrasive products. Make sure your makeup/cosmetics are non-acnegenic (products that will not cause acne).
- Eat more fiber foods like fruits and vegetables
- Cut or lower salt intake
- Check your lipstick and lip balms
- Pimples on nose tip and above the lips also indicate imbalances in heart, spleen and lungs. Acupressure can help solve these imbalances successfully
Zones 5,9 – Acne on Cheeks
Acne bursts showing on cheeks is very common, especially in adult women.
Hormonal imbalances and problems of lungs, heart, spleen and stomach, are the most common factors causing acne in this Acne Face Map region.
These are some recommendations to solve this problem succesfully:
- Exercise daily to strengthen your lungs
- Change pillow cases more frequently
- Choose hypoallergenic detergents for washing
- Change your makeup brushes, products etc.
- Use dermatologist prescribed sunscreen.
- Try to avoid touching your mobile phone to your cheek
- Check your oral health more regularly, and visit your dentist to see if there are underlying oral problems
- Avoid overeating
Most often, adult women can get acne due to hormonal imbalances just before or after their menstrual period.
Taking oral contraceptives can help to correct hormonal imbalance and smooth things out.
Zones 11,12,13 – Acne on Chin and Jaw
Acne presence in this zone of the Acne Face Map, usually indicates hormonal imbalance, and most often, facial hair is the main problem here, as well as high stress levels.
What do you need to do?
- Try to manage stress through relaxation techniques like listening to music, meditating, walking, swimming etc.
- Massage your abdomen gently and use circular motions
- Take more Omega 3 essential fatty acids and include walnuts, flax seeds and fatty fish in your diet
- Avoid sugar and refined flour completely
- Drink herbal teas like spearmint, green tea, white tea etc.
Zone 14 – The Neck Acne
This is the last near facial zone that can indicate if your body is trying to fight bacterial infections. solve this problem, try to:
- Relax your body and breathe deeply
- Give it time to heal and recover
- Drink plenty of water
Well, we hope that this Acne Face Map can help you determine what your pimple placement is trying to tell you, and where you need to redirect your attention.
Observe what you eat, how you feel and what triggers such acne bursts, and when finding the underlying cause, try to act accordingly.
The acne causes listed for each facial region are general guidelines and may not apply to everyone.
For instance, just because you break out on your forehead, doesn’t automatically mean there’s something wrong with your liver.
You need a more thorough examination.
While Chinese medicine practitioners and reflexologists believe that certain zones of your face represent certain internal areas of your body, face mapping for acne is not an exact science.
While internal problems can be one of the main reasons for acne, especially if you get cystic pimples, there are several other factors that can be responsible for breakouts, ranging from skin care products, hygiene, hormones, allergies, genetics, etc.
However, understanding what it means when you get pimples on certain facial zones, is a good place to get ideas about how to clear your skin and avoid this unpleasant skin condition.
Acne Face Map Remedies
|Between the Brows
|Chin and Jaw
It is also important to keep in mind that the above remedies are just suggestions that may, or may not apply to everyone.
Since everyone’s skin is so unique and different, what works for one person, doesn’t necessarily means it can work for another.
Ultimately, it is up to you to do proper research before using, or doing anything to your skin.
- 15 Skin Care Tips You Should Never Avoid!
- Tips On How To Say Goodbye To Pimples
- Do You Have An Oily Skin? These Masks Will Save You!
- 9 Symptoms Skin Care Products Are Damaging Your Skin
- 5 Ways How To Have Proper Spring Skin Care