Guest post by Sania
Why Detox Yoga Poses Are So Good
Excreting unwanted body waste and toxins from the body is what detoxification is all about, and detox yoga poses are the answer to your problems.
Our body itself, performs natural cleanse in order to neutralize all body waste and toxins, produced by the food we eat, the fluids we drink and the quality of the air we breathe.
In one word speaking – Detoxification optimizes our bodies and improves all of its functions.
If you think that you need to stick only to green juice for weeks so you can detoxify your body, you are totally mistaken.
You can also speed up the detoxification process by using simple detox yoga poses as well.
How To Start With Detox Yoga Poses
Start by rolling out your yoga mat and perform yoga on a daily basis. It will gradually improve all of your body functions making you stronger and healthier day by day.
Not only it will stimulate your circulatory, lymphatic and digestive systems, but it will also help your body to get rid of all toxins and unwanted body waste produced.
As you already know, Yoga is not only good for your body, but it is also highly beneficial for your mind as well.
It provides full mental clarity, while calming effects of yoga are proved to be very good for your brain health.
By practicing, it helps you to release any kind of toxicity whether it is coming from physical, mental or emotional nature.
It increases your energy and passion for life and improves your sleeping patterns. It makes your skin glow and your hair shine, and it is also helpful in balancing hormones.
In this post, we will tell you about eight amazing yoga poses, which can detox your body successfully.
1. Revolved Chair Pose
This excellent yoga pose is amazingly beneficial for your lower legs.
What does it offer?
- It works wonders for your quads and glutes. After trying this pose, they will feel on fire.
- It aids in digestion by exerting slight pressure on kidneys and liver
- It pushes the spleen, which is responsible for removal of toxins and toning your abdominal wall
- It boosts the circulation of blood by stimulating the heart and relieves mental and physical sluggishness
- It enhances respiratory and lymphatic systems
How to do it
- Bring your hands together at heart center and make chair pose as shown in the image
- Bend your knees and push your butt backward, like you are sitting on the chair
- Inhale a big deep breath to lengthen the spine
- Then exhale to twist to the right
- Take left elbow outside of right thigh
- Inhale to center and then exhale while turning to the left
- You have to repeat this sequence five times on each side
2. Bound Headstand
The poses that make your heart above your head are one of the best yoga poses.
What you can benefit from this pose?
- It empowers all of the musculoskeletal systems
- It improves circulation by delivery fresh blood to your heart
- It stimulates the thyroid glands that results in increasing metabolism
- It releases toxins and waste materials from your body very efficiently
- It stimulates the nervous, digestive and respiratory systems
How to do it
- Stay in this pose for 10 or 15 breaths longer
- More you focus on deep breaths, more carbon dioxide will release from lungs
- The most recommended time for this pose is early in the morning but any other time would work too
- Before trying it, make sure your stomach is either empty or have the minimal amount of food to digest
3. Spine Twist
It is one of the best poses, which makes you feel energized and focused.
- You will have the feeling of mental clarity
- It will release your stress and tension and make you feel relaxed
- It massages your internal organs that leads to detoxifying all the body
- It encourages the elimination of toxins
How to do it
- Start by lying flat on your back with your arms out to a T
- Now bring your right knee to your chest and keep your left leg out long, as shown in the image
- Then bring your right knee across your body to left and twisting at the waist
- Make sure your both shoulders keep pressing into the floor
- Turn your head to the right and inhale slowly and deeply
- Then exhale slowly and fully. Repeat the same breathing pattern four more times
- Now bring your right knee back across your body to your chest and then out long beside your left
- Do same on the other side
- Every time you release your twist, fresh blood and nutrients are delivered to your digestive system
4. Head To Knee Pose
This is an amazing yoga pose that :
- Calms the brain and helps relieve mild depression
- Stretches the spine, shoulders, hamstrings, and groins
- Stimulates the liver and kidneys
- Improves digestion
- Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause
- Relieves anxiety, fatigue, headache, menstrual discomfort
- Therapeutic for high blood pressure, insomnia, and sinusitis
- Strengthens the back muscles during pregnancy (up to second trimester), done without coming forward, keeping your back spine concave and front torso long.
How to do it
- Make seated position on your mat, with both legs out long in front of you
- Bend your left knee
- Place your left foot on your right inner thigh
- Now flex your right toes
- Lift your arms over your head, when you inhale
- Bend at your waist and reach out your arms and torso over your straight right leg, when you exhale
- Keep your back flat and reach the crown of your head to the front of the room
- Then take five slow deep breaths and rise slowly
- Now repeat on the other side
5. Plow Pose
This pose strengthens the back muscles.
- It aligns the spines, improves your posture and aids in digesting issues
- It stimulates the abdominal organs, ovaries, kidney, and bladder
- It tones the abdominal wall and enhances metabolism
How to do it
- Start by lying on your back while your legs are in air and feet are over the hips
- Keep lowering your toes over your head until they reach the floor
- Now deeply inhale for five times. At the end slowly roll out of your pose until you are lying flat
6. Eagle Pose
This pose stretches the ankles, calves, thighs, hips, and shoulders which results in better circulation of blood in all these organs.
How to do it
- Stand up with your feet together
- Draw your arms by your side, which brings you in tadasana pose
- Draw your left foot upward and bend the knee as you lift it
- Now wrap the left foot around your right leg
- Rest the back of your left thigh on your right thigh
- Then cross your arms over your elbows
- Join the palms of your both hands and keep the fingers pointed upward
- Inhale and stay in the same posture for the duration of breath
- Then exhale and return to tadasana pose
- Repeat for opposite side
7. Sage Twist Pose
This among the best detox yoga poses as it is exceptionally beneficial in stimulating digestion and removing the impurities from the body.
The kidney and liver are stimulated because abdominal organs are squeezed. Blood enters the organs when the twist is released.
How to do it
- Sit on the floor
- Both legs should be straight in front of you
- Now bend your left leg toward your chest
- Rotate the torso towards your left knee
- Wrap your right arm around your left knee and position the knee in the crook of the right elbow
- After you rest in this position for several breaths, swap the sides and start repeating
8. Wide Leg Forward Bend
This is an excellent pose for opening tight hamstrings. It also allows your head to fall below your heart, which is a great plus for it.
- It totally reverses the pull of gravity and blood flows to the brain, which is significantly good for your health
- It moves the diet along for digestion with the help of folding motion which squeezes the belly
How to do it
- Stand up with your foot three feet apart and drop your head down to the floor. It should touch the ground
- Take your left hand to your right ankle. Reach your right hand toward the ceiling and keep your back lean
- It would open your heart to the side of the mat
- Breath five or six times
- Repeat it on the other side
None of these detox yoga poses are difficult, and doing them on a daily basis will improve their quality of performing and give you more of what they offer.
And if you are persistent enough to practice daily, to switch to full body detox program by selecting which types of food you’ll have, be sure you’re on a good way to fully detox and let some fresh “breeze” into your body.
The results that will follow will be simply amazing.
Sania is a student of accounts and finance. She enjoys shopping, trying out skincare remedies and blogging about anything that is related to beauty and self-care. Her love for pets, tea and travelling is eternal. She is also writing posts at The Smart Women Blog.
- Best Morning Workout Routine For Weight Loss To Follow Right Now
- Wanna Relax Your Back? Try The Crocodile Pose(Makarasana)
- Useful Tips For Hip Pain Relief
- Having A Back Problems? Here Are 8 Ways To Improve Your Body Posture
- Why Sedentary Lifestyle Is Dangerous For Your Health