Sometimes we can find ourselves drowned in everyday routine: home-work-obligations-kids-family etc., and we are feeling that we are stuck in between and get enough strength to motivate ourselves again.
When we are starting to have such emotions, usually, it means that we do everyday routines without any motivation for other things to do. We are bored.
There is nothing left to do, but to try to find a way to get out of those suffocating routines and get back to ourselves for a change.
After a short research we found following tips that you can use to motivate yourself AGAIN.
How To Motivate Yourself Again
- First of all you have to set goals. Be sure they are realistic and achievable. Make them small to start.
- Reward for yourself regarding the progress toward your goals.
- Expect set-backs and when they happen, re-direct and renew your energy toward your goals. Don’t give up.
- Use the power of positive thinking and believe in yourself. Overcome discouragement in achieving your goals.
- Tell others what you are trying to accomplish and seek support from loved ones.
- Learn to say no to options and distractions that deter you from your goal. Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
- Establish routine and regular exercise: meditation, prayer or yoga, even if it is only 15 minutes a day to start. This will help you to cultivate discipline.
- Use positive imagination to help you achieve your goals. Imagine yourself as you will be and feel when your goal is achieved.
- Spend time reflecting or talking to others about what has stopped you from achieving your goals in the past.
- Post reminders and inspirational quotes in prominent places about what you want to achieve.
- If necessary,get professional help and support to overcome physical or mental roadblocks (depression and anxiety are just two examples) and to bolster your efforts, no matter how small they may seem.
- Practice self care. Good health is essential to positive thinking and feeling, which will take you a long way toward achieving your goals.
These are just few baby steps to get you motivated again, but it is always better to start from somewhere, than not to do anything about it!