Are You Toxified
Feeling sluggish or out of energy? Are you struggling with skin problems, aches and pains, or digestive problems? Can’t seem to lose weight? It might be time for a full body detox.
Practiced for centuries by cultures around the world — including Ayurveda and Chinese medicine systems — detoxification is about resting, cleaning and nourishing the body from the inside out. By removing and eliminating toxins, then feeding your body with healthy nutrients, detoxifying can help protect you from disease and renew your ability to maintain optimum health.
How Detoxification Works
Basically,detoxification means cleaning the blood. This is done by removing impurities from the blood in the liver, where toxins are processed for elimination. The body also eliminates toxins through the kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymph and skin. However, when this system is compromised, impurities aren’t properly filtered and every cell in the body is adversely affected.
A detox program can help the body’s natural cleansing process by:
1. Resting the organs through fasting;
2. Stimulating the liver to drive toxins from the body;
3. Promoting elimination through the intestines, kidneys and skin;
4. Improving circulation of blood
5. Refueling the body with healthy nutrients.
It is suggested by nutritionists that everyone should detox at least once a year. However, cautions must be learned in cases such as detoxing for nursing mothers, children, and patients with chronic degenerative diseases, cancer or tuberculosis. Consult your health care practitioner if you have questions about whether detoxing is right for you.
How do you start a detox?
First, lighten up your toxin load. Eliminate alcohol, coffee, cigarettes, refined sugars and saturated fats, all of which act as toxins in the body and are obstacles to your healing process. Also, minimize use of chemical house cleaners and personal health care products (cleansers, shampoos, deodorants and toothpastes), and substitute if possible with natural products.
Another deterrent to good health is stress, which triggers your body to release stress hormones into your system. While these hormones can provide the “adrenaline rush” to win a race or meet a deadline, in large amounts they create toxins and slow down detoxification enzymes in the liver. Yoga and meditation are simple and effective ways to relieve stress by resetting your physical and mental reactions to the inevitable stress life will bring.
Which detox program is right for you?
There are many detoxification programs and detox receipes, depending on your individual needs. Many programs follow a 7-day schedule because it takes the body time to clean the blood.Detox program involves fasting on liquids for two days, followed by a carefully-planned five-day detox diet to allow the digestive system to rest. It is recommended a 3-7 day juice fast (drinking only fresh fruit and vegetable juices and water) as an effective way to release toxins.
Here are 5 favorite detox diets:
- Simple Fruit and Veggie Detox
- Smoothie cleanse
- Juice Cleanse
- Sugar Detox
- Hypoallergenic Detox
Top 8 ways to help your body detoxify
After performed detoxification, you can cleanse your body daily with these diet, supplements and lifestyle practices:
1. Eat plenty of fiber, including brown rice and organically-grown fresh fruits and vegetables,beets, radishes, artichokes, cabbage, broccoli, spirulina, chlorella, and seaweed are excellent detoxifying foods.
2. Cleanse and protect the liver by taking herbs such as dandelion root, burdock and milk thistle, and drinking green tea.
3. Take vitamin C, which helps the body produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives away toxins.
4. Drink at least two quarts of water a day.
5. Breathe deeply to allow oxygen to circulate more completely through your system.
6. Transform stress by emphasizing positive emotions.
7. Practice hydrotherapy by taking a very hot shower for five minutes, allowing the water to run on your back. Follow with cold water for 30 seconds. Do this three times, and then get into bed for 30 minutes.
8. Sweat in a sauna so your body can eliminate wastes through perspiration.
When it is time for this,you will just know…your body will tell you!